o.skarlat @ infosys.tuwien.ac.at
Olena Skarlat is a PhD student at the Distributed Systems Group at TU Wien. She received two Bachelor degrees - in Computer Science (2008) and in Finance (2008), and a Master degree in Information Systems and Technologies (2010). Currently, she studies how Information and Communication Technology environments are transformed by the advent of the Internet of Things. Her fields of interest include fog computing, resource provisioning and service placement, heuristic algorithms and optimization, operations research, data analysis, machine learning.
- Fog Computing
- Internet of Things
- Resource Provisioning
- Heuristic Algorithms and Optimization
- Machine Learning
- Master Thesis: Kevin Bachmann - Design and Implementation of a Fog Computing Framework - 2018
Participation in Projects
- Skarlat, O., Karagiannis, V., Rausch, T., Bachmann, K., & Schulte, S. (2018). A Framework for Optimization, Service Placement, and Runtime Operation in the Fog. In 11th Int. Conf. on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2018) (pp. 164–173). IEEE. [Preprint]
- Skarlat, O., Nardelli, M., Schulte, S., & Dustdar, S. (2017). Towards QoS-aware Fog Service Placement. In 1st Int. Conf. on Fog and Edge Computing (ICFEC 2017) (pp. 89–96). Madrid, Spain: IEEE. [Preprint]
- Skarlat, O., Nardelli, M., Schulte, S., Borkowski, M., & Leitner, P. (2017). Optimized IoT Service Placement in the Fog. SOCA J., 11(4), 1–17. [Preprint]
- Waibel, P., Matt, J., Hochreiner, C., Skarlat, O., Hans, R., & Schulte, S. (2017). Cost-Optimized Redundant Data Storage in the Cloud. SOCA J., 11(4), 411–426. [Preprint]
- Skarlat, O., Schulte, S., Borkowski, M., & Leitner, P. (2016). Resource Provisioning for IoT Services in the Fog. In 9th Int. Conf. on Service Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA 2016) (pp. 32–39). Hong Kong, China: IEEE. [Preprint]
- Skarlat, O., Borkowski, M., & Schulte, S. (2016). Towards a Methodology and Instrumentation Toolset for Cloud Manufacturing. In 1st Int. Workshop on Cyber-Physical Production Systems, CPS Week 2016 (pp. 1–4). Vienna, Austria: IEEE. [Preprint]
- Borkowski, M., Skarlat, O., Schulte, S., & Dustdar, S. (2016). Prediction-Based Prefetch Scheduling in Mobile Service Applications. In 5th Int. Conf. on Mobile Services (MS 2016) (pp. 41–48). San Francisco, CA: IEEE. [Preprint]
- Skarlat, O. (2016). Elastic Manufacturing Process Landscapes. In 8th ZEUS Workshop (ZEUS 2016) (pp. 45–48). Vienna, Austria: TU Wien. [Preprint]
- Skarlat, O., Hoenisch, P., & Dustdar, S. (2016). On Energy Efficiency of BPM Enactment in the Cloud. In Workshop on Process Engineering (IWPE) at the 13th Int. Conf. on Business Process Management (pp. 489–500). Springer. [Preprint]
- Schulte, S., Borkowski, M., Hochreiner, C., Klusch, M., Murguzur, A., Skarlat, O., & Waibel, P. (2016). Bringing Cloud-based Rapid Elastic Manufacturing to Reality with CREMA. In Workshop on Intelligent Systems Configuration Services for Flexible Dynamic Global Production Networks (FLEXINET) at the 8th Int. Conf. on Interoperability for Enterprise Systems and Applications (I-ESA 2016) (pp. 407–413). Guimaraes, Portugal.
- Falfushinsky, V., Skarlat, O., & Tulchinsky, V. (2013). On power efficiency of distributed computing. In 1st Int. Black Sea Conf. on Communications and Networking (BlackSeaCom 2013). Batumi, Georgia.
- Falfushinsky, V., Skarlat, O., & Tulchinsky, V. (2013). Cloud Computing Platform within Grid Infrastructure. 7th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications (IDAACS-2013). Berlin, Germany: IEEE. [Preprint]
- Falfushinsky, V., Skarlat, O., & Tulchinsky, V. (2013). Integration of Cloud Computing Platform to Grid Infrastructure. Int. J. Computing, 12, 333–339. [Preprint]