c.avasalcai @ dsg.tuwien.ac.at
+43 1 58801 184904
last edited: 23.10.2019
Cosmin is a research scientist and PhD student at the Distributed Systems Group part of the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. After finishing his bachelor studies at Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi” Iasi, Romania in 2015, he received a master’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in 2017. Before joining the Distributed Systems Group, Cosmin worked for two and a half years as a research assistant at DTU, developing modeling and decision making tools for the automotive industry for mixed-criticality applications in dynamic and changeable real-time environments and Oil & Gas industry for structural monitoring. His current activities include developing Quality of Service aware Resource Provisioning in Edge Computing in the FORA-Fog Computing for Robotics and Industrial Automation European Training Network (ETN) project.
- Edge Computing
- Resource Management
- Internet of Things
- FORA-Fog Computing for Robotics and Industrial Automation European Training Network (ETN)
Thesis & Project Supervision
If you are interested in a topic that fits my research interests, I can (co-)advise your master theses. Furthermore, I can offer that we elaborate a topic together, based on your specific interests.
- EdgeFlow - Developing and Deploying Latency-Sensitive IoT Edge applications
- Resource Management for Edge Computing Services
- Avasalcai, C., Zarrin, B., & Dustdar, S. (2021). EdgeFlow -Developing and Deploying Latency-Sensitive IoT Edge applications. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 1–1. https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2021.3101449 [Preprint]
- Barzegaran, M., Karagiannis, V., Avasalcai, C., Pop, P., Schulte, S., & Dustdar, S. (2020). Towards Extensibility-Aware Scheduling of Industrial Applications on Fog Nodes. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Edge Computing (EDGE).
- Denzler, P., Ruh, J., Kadar, M., Avasalcai, C., & Kastner, W. (2020). Towards Consolidating Industrial Use Cases on a Common Fog Computing Platform. In 2020 25th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA) (Vol. 1, pp. 172–179). https://doi.org/10.1109/ETFA46521.2020.9211885
- Avasalcai, C., Zarrin, B., Pop, P., & Dustdar, S. (2020). Efficient Hosting of Robust IoT Applications on Edge Computing Platform. In 2020 IEEE 4th International Conference on Fog and Edge Computing (ICFEC) (pp. 1–10).
- Avasalcai, C., Murturi, I., & Dustdar, S. (2020). Edge and Fog: A Survey, Use Cases, and Future Challenges. In Fog Computing (pp. 43–65). John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119551713.ch2
- Tsigkanos, C., Avasalcai, C., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Architectural Considerations for Privacy on the Edge. IEEE Internet Computing, 23(4), 76–83. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIC.2019.2935800
- Avasalcai, C., Tsigkanos, C., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Decentralized Resource Auctioning for Latency-Sensitive Edge Computing. In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Edge Computing (EDGE) (pp. 72–76). https://doi.org/10.1109/EDGE.2019.00027
- Murturi, I., Avasalcai, C., Tsigkanos, C., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Edge-to-Edge Resource Discovery using Metadata Replication. In 2019 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Fog and Edge Computing (ICFEC) (pp. 1–6). https://doi.org/10.1109/CFEC.2019.8733149
- Dustdar, S., Avasalcai, C., & Murturi, I. (2019). Invited Paper: Edge and Fog Computing: Vision and Research Challenges. In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE) (pp. 96–9609). https://doi.org/10.1109/SOSE.2019.00023
- Avasalcai, C., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Latency-Aware Distributed Resource Provisioning for Deploying IoT Applications at the Edge of the Network. In K. Arai & R. Bhatia (Eds.), Advances in Information and Communication (pp. 377–391). Cham: Springer International Publishing. [Preprint]
- Rausch, T., Avasalcai, C., & Dustdar, S. (2018). Portable Energy-Aware Cluster-Based Edge Computers. In 2018 IEEE/ACM Symposium on Edge Computing (SEC) (pp. 260–272). https://doi.org/10.1109/SEC.2018.00026
- Avasalcai, C., & Dustdar, S. (2018). Latency-aware Decentralized Resource Management for IoT Applications. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on the Internet of Things (pp. 30:1–30:4). New York, NY, USA: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/3277593.3277637
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal
- IEEE Internet Computing
- IEEE Computer