c.avasalcai @ dsg.tuwien.ac.at
+43 1 58801 184904
last edited: 27.03.2019
Cosmin is a research scientist and PhD student at the Distributed Systems Group part of the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. After finishing his bachelor studies at Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi” Iasi, Romania in 2015, he received a master’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in 2017. Before joining the Distributed Systems Group, Cosmin worked for two and a half years as a research assistant at DTU, developing modeling and decision making tools for the automotive industry for mixed-criticality applications in dynamic and changeable real-time environments and Oil & Gas industry for structural monitoring. His current activities include developing Quality of Service aware Resource Provisioning in Edge Computing in the FORA-Fog Computing for Robotics and Industrial Automation European Training Network (ETN) project.
- Edge Computing
- Resource Management
- Internet of Things
- FORA-Fog Computing for Robotics and Industrial Automation European Training Network (ETN)
Thesis & Project Supervision
If you are interested in a topic that fits my research interests, I can (co-)advise your master theses. Furthermore, I can offer that we elaborate a topic together, based on your specific interests.
- Dustdar, S., Avasalcai, C., & Murturi, I. (2019). Invited Paper: Edge and Fog Computing: Vision and Research Challenges. In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE) (pp. 96–9609). https://doi.org/10.1109/SOSE.2019.00023
- Avasalcai, C., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Latency-Aware Distributed Resource Provisioning for Deploying IoT Applications at the Edge of the Network. In K. Arai & R. Bhatia (Eds.), Advances in Information and Communication (pp. 377–391). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Rausch, T., Avasalcai, C., & Dustdar, S. (2018). Portable Energy-Aware Cluster-Based Edge Computers. In 2018 IEEE/ACM Symposium on Edge Computing (SEC) (pp. 260–272). https://doi.org/10.1109/SEC.2018.00026
- Avasalcai, C., & Dustdar, S. (2018). Latency-aware Decentralized Resource Management for IoT Applications. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on the Internet of Things (pp. 30:1–30:4). New York, NY, USA: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/3277593.3277637