+43 1 58801 18456
last edited: 23.10.2023
Alireza is currently a university assistant at the Distributed Systems Group of the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. He received his master’s degree with distinction, worked as a Software Engineer at Studyly from 2019 to 2021 and at LocalStack from 2021 to 2022. In 2022 he joined the Distributed Systems Group to pursue a PhD.
- Edge Computing
- Edge Intelligence
- Distributed Inference
- AI for Systems & Systems for AI
- Neural Data Compression
- Knowledge Distillation
|184.167||Distributed Systems||UE, 3.0 ECTS|
|184.153||Advanced Internet Computing||VU, 3.0 ECTS|
|194.058||Project in Computer Science 1||PR, 6.0 ECTS|
|194.059||Project in Computer Science 2||PR, 6.0 ECTS|
|184.194||Seminar in Distributed Systems||SE, 3.0 ECTS|
Thesis & Project Supervision
If you are interested in a topic that fits my research interests, I can (co-)advise your bachelor or master theses.
- Raith, P., Rausch, T., Furutanpey, A., & Dustdar, S. (2023). faas-sim: a trace-driven simulation framework for serverless edge computing platforms. Softw Pract Exp.
- Furutanpey, A., Raith, P., & Dustdar, S. (2023). FrankenSplit: Efficient Neural Feature Compression with Shallow Variational Bottleneck Injection for Mobile Edge Computing.
- Furutanpey, A., Barzen, J., Bechtold, M., Dustdar, S., Leymann, F., Raith, P., & Truger, F. (2023). Architectural Vision for Quantum Computing in the Edge-Cloud Continuum. In 2023 IEEE International Conference on Quantum Software (QSW) (pp. 88–103). https://doi.org/10.1109/QSW59989.2023.00021
- Nastic, S., Raith, P., Furutanpey, A., Pusztai, T., & Dustdar, S. (2022). A Serverless Computing Fabric for Edge & Cloud. In 2022 IEEE 4th International Conference on Cognitive Machine Intelligence (CogMI) (pp. 1–12). IEEE.
- Raith, P., Rausch, T., Prüller, P., Furutanpey, A., & Dustdar, S. (2022). An End-to-End Framework for Benchmarking Edge-Cloud Cluster Management Techniques. In 2022 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E) (pp. 22–28). IEEE.
- Furutanpey, A., & Dustdar, S. (2022). Adaptive and collaborative inference: Towards a no-compromise framework for distributed intelligent systems. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies.
I have been a reviewer for the following journals, conferences and magazines
- IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS)
- Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS)
- International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CaiSE)
- IEEE International Conference on Edge Computing & Communications (EDGE)
- IEEE International Conference on Quantum Software (QSW)
- IEEE/WIC International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology (WI-IAT)
- IEEE Internet Computing (IC)
- IEEE Computer (CO)