+43 1 58801 18491
Murturi is a university assistant and PhD student at the Distributed Systems Group of the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. After receiving his bachelor’s degree in 2011, he started working as an intern in Robert Bosch GmbH, at the Division of Electrical Vehicles and Hybrid Systems, Germany. In 2015, he received his master’s degree in Computer Engineering at the University of Prishtina where he continued his career as a university assistant. In 2018, he joined the Distributed Systems Group.
- Edge Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Resource Provisioning
- 184.269 Advanced Internet Computing VU, 3.0 ECTS
- 184.194 Seminar in Distributed Systems SE, 3.0 ECTS
- 194.058 Project in Computer Science 1 PR, 6.0 ECTS
- 194.059 Project in Computer Science 2 PR, 6.0 ECTS
Thesis & Project Supervision
If you are interested in a topic that fits my research interests, I can (co-)advise your master theses. Furthermore, I can offer that we elaborate a topic together, based on your specific interests.
- Adam Egyed, “Utilizing AI-Planning on the Edge”, Bachelor Thesis (in progress)
- Szabolcs Csörgo, “McEdgeChain: A lightweight blockchain ledger built upon a mission critical edge system”, Master Thesis (in progress)
- Murturi, I., Barzegaran, M., & Dustdar, S. (2020). A Decentralized Approach for Determining Configurator Placement in Dynamic Edge Networks. In IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cognitive Machine Intelligence (CogMI 2020) (pp. 1–10). IEEE.
- Dustdar, S., & Murturi, I. (2020). Towards Distributed Edge-based Systems. In IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cognitive Machine Intelligence (CogMI 2020) (pp. 1–9). IEEE.
- Alkhabbas, F., Murturi, I., Spalazzese, R., Davidsson, P., & Dustdar, S. (2020). A Goal-driven Approach for Deploying Self-adaptive IoT Systems. In IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA 2020) (pp. 1–11). IEEE.
- Avasalcai, C., Murturi, I., & Dustdar, S. (2020). Edge and Fog: A Survey, Use Cases, and Future Challenges. Fog Computing: Theory and Practice.
- Arleo, A., Tsigkanos, C., Jia, C., Leite, R. A., Murturi, I., Klaffenboeck, M., … Sorger, J. (2019). Sabrina: Modeling and Visualization of Economy Data with Incremental Domain Knowledge. ArXiv Preprint ArXiv:1908.07479.
- Murturi, I., Avasalcai, C., Tsigkanos, C., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Edge-to-Edge Resource Discovery using Metadata Replication. In 2019 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Fog and Edge Computing (ICFEC) (pp. 1–6). IEEE.
- Tsigkanos, C., Murturi, I., & Dustdar, S. (2019). Dependable Resource Coordination on the Edge at Runtime. In Proceedings of the IEEE, 2019 (pp. 1–17).
- Dustdar, S., Avasalcai, C., & Murturi, I. (2019). Edge and Fog Computing: Vision and Research Challenges. In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE) (pp. 96–9609). IEEE.
- Rexha, B., & Murturi, I. (2019). Applying efficient crowdsourcing techniques for increasing quality and transparency of election processes. Electronic Government, an International Journal, 15(1), 107–128.
- Bajrami, X., & Murturi, I. (2018). An efficient approach to monitoring environmental conditions using a wireless sensor network and NodeMCU. Elektrotechnik Und Informationstechnik, 135(3), 294–301.
I have been an official reviewer for: