The Institute of Information Systems Engineering at TU Wien is offering one full-time position for a PhD student and one full-time position for a Postdoc for an initial term of three years; longer and shorter contract durations are possible. The main goal of these positions is to research and develop techniques and models for realizing blockchain technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT).
The selected candidates will be employed full-time by TU Wien. Entry level salary (40 hours/week) is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff with a minimum salary of currently EUR 2929 EUR/month gross (PhD student), and 3889.50 EUR/month gross (Postdoc), 14 times/year.
For this position, a very good Diploma or Master university degree in computer science, informatics, mathematics, business informatics, or a related discipline is expected for the PhD student, and an excellent PhD in a related field for the Postdoc.
- A creative environment in Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world
- A young and international team of researchers
- Supervision and support by world-class researchers
- A work environment that is well-equipped with the newest hardware and software technology
- Continuing personal and professional education
- The possibility to present your research results at international top conferences
- The opportunity for stays abroad at international partner universities
- In-depth interest in scientific problems and the motivation for independent and goal-oriented research
- The ability to develop methods, concepts, and models, as well as their realization and evaluation
- The willingness to contribute to an industry-oriented scientific project
- Very good programming skills
- Very good knowledge about and passion for distributed systems
- Knowledge in IoT, blockchain technology or cryptography is a plus
- Very good knowledge in English communication and writing
- Prior experience as research assistant, as documented by project results or scientific publications, is a plus for the PhD position
Please direct your complete application pack - including a motivation letter, a current CV, academic transcripts and certificates, and a digital copy of your latest thesis - in one single PDF to email@example.com. Applications from female candidates are highly encouraged. The starting date can be negotiated.
Deadline for applications: August 15th, 2020. For further information please contact Associate Prof. Stefan Schulte (firstname.lastname@example.org) and see www.dsg.tuwien.ac.at.