Mirela is currently a research assistant at the Distributed Systems Group, Institute of Information Systems, Vienna University of Technology and a PhD student of the Vienna PhD School of Informatics.
- Human Computation, Social Computing, Crowdsourcing
- Management mechanisms for Human Computation: ranking strategies, trust and reputation models, adaptation mechanisms
- Computational Social Science
- Hybriditiy-aware Collective Adaptive Systems
- Online Privacy and Ethics
Past Part-time project engagement:
- Mirela Riveni and Schahram Dustdar, "Trust and Interaction-type Considerations in Multi-objective Team Compositions for Human-computation", Accepted paper at the 17th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics & Cognitive Computing (ICCI*CC' 2018) , Berkeley, CA, 16-18 July 2018.
- Mirela Riveni, Tien Dung Nguyen, Schahram Dustdar, "SLA-based Management of Human-based Services in Business Processes for Socio-Technical Systems", The 10th Workshop on Social and Human Aspects of Business Process Management (BPMS2 2017) , Barcelona, Spain, 10-11 September 2017.
- Mirela Riveni, Mohamed Jehad Baeth, Mehmet S. Aktas, Schahram Dustdar, "Provenance in Social Computing: A Case Study",The 13th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids, Beijing, China, 14-15 August 2017.
- Mirela Riveni, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, "Trust-aware Elastic Social Compute Units", The 14th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom-15), Helsinki, Finland, 20-22 August 2015. Local copy PDF
- Mirela Riveni, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, "On the Elasticity of Social Compute Units", 26th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE 2014), (c)Springer-Verlag, Thessaloniki, Greece, 16-20 June 2014.(Rate of Acceptance: 18.1%), link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-07881-6_25
- Mirela Riveni, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, A Simulation Framework for Socially Enhanced Applications", (Submitted PDF),(c)Springer-Verlag,1st International Workshop on Socially Intelligent Computing (SINCOM 2012), 14 September 2012, Rome, Italy.
- Mirela Riveni, Christiaan Hillen, Schahram Dustdar, "Privacy in Social Computing: User Awareness Study, Implications for existing platforms, Recommendations, and Research Directions ", Accepted paper in Emerging Research Challenges and Opportunities in Computational Social Network Analysis and Mining, Springer. (Email me for a copy.)
- Ognjen Scekic, Mirela Riveni, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, Contextual Social Interaction Analysis for Team Collaboration, Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining, pages 1-16. Springer New York, New York, NY, 2017.
- Ognjen Scekic, Mirela Riveni, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, Contextual Social Interaction Analysis for Team Collaboration, Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining, pages 1807-1819. Springer New York, New York, NY, 2014.
- Mirela Riveni, Annette Mossel, Christian Schönauer, Peter Kán "Rescue Support by Crowdsourced Analysis of 3D Environments" - Honorary Certificate Winner from the IEEE 2013 ComSoc Student Competition "Communications technology changing the world", ranked among the top 7 projects among about 70 submissions.